Downtown Sudbury is currently seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic, qualified candidates for the position of Digital Service Squad – Team Member. Digital Main Street is a program that supports the growth of main street businesses by making the adoption of digital tools and technologies easy.
As a member of the Digital Service Squad, you will be a key contributor to the success of the platform and the growth of the program as a whole. The focus of the role is to work one-on-one with main street businesses and provide the following services:
1. On-boarding Assistance
• Conduct pre-business visit research to best understand the BIA/neighbourhood and businesses.
• Working with the BIA Co-ordinator to set-appointments or go door-to-door to onboard main street businesses to the Digital Main Street platform
• Walk-through the on-boarding survey with the business owner and use appreciative inquiry methods to best understand their business goals and how digital tools/technology can assist them in meeting their goals.
• Assist the business in staying in touch with Digital Main Street by subscribing to the e-newsletter and social channels.
2. Advisory Services
• Once the business has been on-boarded to the Digital Main Street platform, the Team Member will walk through the Digital Assessment and Recommendations with the business owner.
• The Team Member will assist the business owner in identifying their first priorities and the first digital tools/technology they want to activate.
• The Team Member will also review vendor recommendations made through the platform and lead the business owner to relevant deals/discounts on the platform.
3. Activation/Implementation Services
• The Team Member will activate and implement free, easy-to-use digital tools and technologies that businesses would like to use (i.e.: Building a Shopify store using the extended 30 day free trial, activating social media accounts, etc.).
• The Team Member may also provide some resources (articles, links, how-to guides) available through secondary sources that can help the business owner learn more about a particular tool that has been activated, or subject matter of interest.
4. Reporting and Feedback
• Team Members must complete their field notes and report on a weekly basis to the Digital Main Street Program Co-ordinator and Program Manager.
• Team Members must attend Team Meetings as set out by BIA Staff.
• Halfway through the employment term, an interim performance evaluation will occur to ensure fit.
Qualified applicants will:
• Possess strong communications skills (written and verbal).
• Possess strong interpersonal and relationship building/relationship management skills.
• Possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Have experience in a sales role and/or marketing environment.
• Be able to travel and work independently throughout the Downtown Sudbury BIA
• Be familiar with digital technologies for small business (e.g.: web, social media, e-commerce, etc.)
Duration of contract: 15 weeks.
Rate of pay: $15/Hour, 35 hours per week.
Hours of operation: 8:30am – 4:30pm. Hours can be altered to fit the program if needed once the contract has started.
Interested applicants may send their cover letter and resume to Communications Officer Maggie Leblanc at Maggie@downtownsudbury.com by Friday, October 4th at 4:30pm.